Sunday, November 3, 2013
The Foundry (SODO)- 4130 1st Avenue South, Seattle, 98134
VIP PRE-PARTY1-2pm- Lamb Nacho/Taco Bar by Mark Hosack of Gracie’s Dining, a specialty cocktail and beat the lines too!
GA 2-5pm- Includes great food from 16 Chefs, beer & wine, hands-on butchery demo & more!
- 16 Seattle restaurants/chefs offering samples of dishes featuring American Lamb
- Friendly chef/dish competition to garner awards and prizes in categories including
- Best in Show,” “People’s Choice” and “Best Leg, Breast, Shank and Shoulder” categories with voting by a panel of key media representatives and event attendees. The winner goes to the SAVOR the Central Coast Food and Wine Festival sponsored by Sunset Magazine in September 2014!
- Hands-on American lamb butcher demos
- Lamb swag, cake pops, caricature artist & more
- Local wine, beer and spirits sponsors
Judge’s Best in Show / Shoulder Best in Show: Portals at Suncadia Lodge for Chef Alex Paguaga’s Sumac Masala Rubbed Lamb Shoulder with Cauliflower Purée, Royal Pine Mushroom and Honey Crisp. Click here for the recipe.
People’s Choice / Loin Best in Show: Lola for Chef Liam Spence’s Smoked Lamb Carpaccio with Truffled White Bean Skordalia. Click here for the recipe.
Shank Best in Show: Barking Frog for Chef Bobby Moore’s Braised Lamb Shank Crepinette with Truffled Yukon Gold Potato and Parsnip Puree, Confit Chanterelle and Picked Cipollini.
Leg Best in Show: Bastille Café & Bar for Chef Jason Stoneburner’s Lamb Paillard with Gnocchi Torchon and Spiced Nantes Carrots. Click here for the recipe.